Monday, February 27, 2012

Why I Love You

In my mind, love is one of those things that we aren’t supposed to have all of the answers to.  It’s supposed to be a mystery, it’s supposed scary, and sometimes, and it’s supposed to leave you with a little bit of doubt.  At the end of the day, if you are able to persevere through those tough and uncertain times, you will see that love has many beautiful things to offer.  Often times, I get criticized for wanting to be extremely successful and incessantly wrapping my mind around the premise of having lots money.  I’m always told that if I worry about that too much, that I will miss out on the opportunity to fulfill true love.  Hey, I’m not one to say that is true, or not true.  What I do know is that life, through these eyes, is merely figuring out what you want and what you don’t want.  Sometimes, what we want is not as apparent as what we don’t want; in those cases, I simply think about all of the things that I don’t want in my life.  Personally, I never want to struggle; ideally, in all facets of life, realistically, in all walks of my life to come.  What a lot of people to seem to confuse with me is that they think I want a lot of money; then they remind me that money is not key to happiness.  Trust me, I know; there is no way that having an abundance of money can be the key to happiness, but it sure can pay all of the bills and keep me out of the deep end.  Essentially, I only want enough money to not have to worry about money – make sense?

I digress.  I’m talking about love here.  If you let it be, love can be one of the most sublime of feelings that humans can experience.  Love is that feeling of knowing that are in the presence of someone that you could potentially see yourself sharing the rest of your life with.  Love has a way of making us think and act outside of our normal ways.  Love has the ability to blind us or even embellish our thoughts that we may have of the person that we endear.  It’s one of those things that we can trust, unconditionally, because it feels right; it really does.  Cupid makes love play different tricks on men than it would for women.  When women fall in love, they’re sole priority is to make men feel as loved and as wanted as possible.  They literally want to be our everything, and will do whatever it takes to make their man realize that and cherish it.  Conversely, men have a tendency to take that for granted.  We walk around, knowing that we have a wonderful thing on the verge of blossoming to perfection, and we take it for granted.  We have tendency to be fueled by egos, by what everyone else thinks, and by our image; in those moments of being adulated by one that loves us, we merely acknowledge it and we take it for granted.  Lord knows I’ve done it.  This misfire of thoughts of love between the sexes usually makes couples see and bring the worst out of each other.  It sucks, it really does suck knowing that you are arguing, bickering, fighting, and utterly berating the one who you love because you have to be right about something.  Guilty again *raises hand*.  There comes a point, where we have to be accountable for our actions; we have to be able to realize that we were wrong, sincerely apologize, and work through the fact that there was a misunderstanding. 

We all hate fighting – especially with ones that we love.  We’re all filled with regrets of decisions made with the ones we love, or once loved.  Dwelling on those nightmares hinders us from having wonderful dreams; dreams of pursuing that perfect life that you would kill to share with the person you love.  So what builds a good relationship?  Having a person that will do / say anything you want?  Having someone that will stick by your side no matter what?  Having a lot in common with person that you with?  Quite honestly, I don’t have that answer.  All I need is someone that is willing to work with me through each issue, persevere through each winter so we can enjoy every summer, and love me unconditionally.  Love me.

If you can give that to me, I promise I will give you the best of me. 

1 comment:

  1. That was truly a beautiful insight to your opinion of love. Love is not something that should be taken lightly; it's a very scary feeling.

    But. I have always been there for you in the past. I have tried to be there for you now, but I can't help you if you don't let me help. So let me help. Trust me enough to help you.

    ReplyDelete