Then I stopped and realized that I wasn’t sure what it was all about
After thinking long and hard, I realized that I was a part of a show
So when that show wanted to make me famous, I knew it was time to go
And go I went, to a destination I barely set sail
The ride stopped, my mind dropped, and I realized I might have failed
“Never mind that” I thought – I’ll make the most of this
The more time I spent here, the more I learned that “this” was really the pits
So the pits claimed another, my God I’m such a doof
Through some misery came some pleasure; I begged that it wasn’t a spoof
And a spoof it was not; it was literally Heaven on Earth
For the first time, in a long time, I think I found my self-worth
And each day grew brighter, with the wind steady at my back
This was my ideal epiphany; I felt one step ahead of the pack
Now as you all know, one huge step equals one great fall
But this here was different; nope, not similar at all
Misery loves company, but Heaven – she was such a treasure
Why the hell would it look in the dark? it was surrounded in pleasure
And as the pastels faded to crimson and the hues ashed to black
I found myself missing Heaven, and constantly begging for it back
It was too late though, I knew this; now all Heaven cared about were the bad
Just ask Facebook or Twitter – they’d tell you; it was like a new fad
Fads live for the now; they never see what waits down the road
As the road got rougher, all I could do kneel, beg, and pray for a different episode
Down to my last thread; I literally had nothing left
Except my memories of Heaven, and how I committed theft
You see, I stole Heaven’s time, effort, and the things that made it great
Now I’m left for dead; I’m empty – yep, this is my fate
Now I press on knowing what’s done is done; it’s over – there is no turning back
We “tried” our best and made a mess – at this point, all that’s left are faded tracks
The sad part is we aired our laundry – we made this into a game
I close my eyes and realize, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment