Monday, November 9, 2009

The Pursuit of Happiness

Happiness is one of the most horizontally opposed concepts that we deal with in life.

In attempting to conceptualize the premise of happiness, we have to recognize many things. First of all, what makes you happy? Are you sure? I mean, really think about it. I could have been asked this question 12 times this year, and confidently, I would have answered 12 different answers. Unlike many of the struggles that life throws our way, this is one that many people will never figure out.

I ask, what happens when you finally find pure happiness? Many people become very skeptical when they find that one thing that truly makes them happy because they don't understand why its happening. In the past, I was a skeptic to happiness. Now, when pure bliss comes my way, I'm in no position to question it. As a matter of fact, I run with it - quickly. You have to be that way because life is unpredictable; for those who believe in luck, who's to say you will ever be this lucky again? Realizing pure happiness is not only a privilege, its an opportunity.

Happiness for me is having the ability to share meaningful experiences with people I care about. My source of happiness seems never ending and always guiding. My happiness gives me a reason to wake up in the morning and gives me the confidence to deal with challenges sent my way. My happiness is always in my mind's eye; with each passing moment, my happiness slowly invites me closer to learn its every intention. My happiness is all I care to know, and is slowly becoming my everything. Why be skeptical when happiness makes me feel this way?

For those looking for your happiness, stop. True happiness is something that finds you, its not something that you look for. Don't turn the the other cheek on something that seems too good to be true; instead, be curious, and give it a chance.

Always trust your gut. You'll never know what happens until it happens...

810178

1 comment:

  1. but heres the next question follow your heart or follow your head.....

    ReplyDelete