Everyday, whether we realize it or not, we are on a mission. We may not all be on the same mission, but we all have a purpose. Most of us strive to be a success in whatever we put our minds to, some people desire wisdom and knowledge, and some of us just want to be good people. I understand, and respect, why people try their hardest to attain these goals, but in the same breath I have to question their motives. Over time, if there was one lesson that I have learned, it has been that other people's actions will have an effect on our actions; whether we like it or not.
You don't believe me, huh? Ok, well allow me to elaborate some more. What are some things that we value in people? My initial answer to that question would be the ability the trust someone. A wise woman once told me that "Trust is the only A+ you will start off with in life. If you want to keep the A, then you have to maintain your honesty. Being dishonest and incredible are sure ways to lose the A; once it's lost, you'll never get it back again." Hearing that meant a lot to me; the older that I become, the more that I realize that this is the truth.
Although I mentioned the importance of honesty and the correlation it has with our actions, it is not the point of this story; it is other people's actions and questionable credibility that sometimes hinders our ability to accomplish our ambitions. I am convinced that this concept contributes to all walks of life; my life anyway. It seems with every new avenue explored, and with every new endeavor contemplated, there will always be the hurdles left for you to cross the last person left behind.
So really, what is the benefit to being a good person? It seems like the people that do all of the wrong things seem to get away with it; in the process, the bar for the next person is set much higher. Why don't we all just do things the easy and wayward way? Answer: Some of us see the bigger picture. Just because something is easy doesn't mean we have to do it. In order to achieve things in life, you have to be willing to go through some adversity. Not only do you go through the tough times, but you get through them, and you never let them harden you into shame.
To those that have made your journey that much tougher to accomplish, thank them. It is only when they outsmart you, or make things harder for you that you will realize your full potential. I have learned to embrace the characteristics and hardships of being a "good person." Although this path seems narrow, and at times longer than expected, I'm willing to walk it. If you know where I'm coming from, or not really sure where you're going - good luck to you; you'll figure it out.
Good night all...
I love the fact that you can express yourself through words. You have an amazing outlook on life and that's something I truly admire. Each day I learn more about you, and you never fail to amaze me Brian Hunt..
ReplyDeleteWow i never have seen this side of you but damn so true. I totally agree and this also goes with those who have to go through things the hard way to get a better result...I mean for me nothing comes easily i have to work really hard at it but i feel so much more experienced through my hardships then someone who can get there faster or easier than me. I don't know if that made sense. but this is cool:)I'm glad i saw another side of you.
ReplyDelete