I'll be the first to tell you that I believe this premise thoroughly; however, I can't help but ask myself if this always true. Recently, I decided to make a rather drastic change in my everyday life. In search of opportunity and new challenges, I decided to move from Carlsbad, CA to Los Angeles, CA. Before making the move, I spoke to a couple people about the idea and gave them an opportunity to weigh in how they felt about it. All in all, I received a lot of positive support and was encouraged to make the move. Before I continue, I must state that by no means do I regret the decision I made; I have just come to the realization that greatness truly does require sacrifice.
In moving, I feel like I have let down a lot of people. People that care about me, people that are willing to do many things for me, people that have my best interest in mind. I genuinely care about these people and everyday I do my best to make that known. However, the disturbing thought of being replaced can't help but slide in my mind from time to time. I don't frown on the fact that could very well happen; it's human nature. If that were to happen though, it would be unfortunate. These people would lose interest in staying connected simply for the fact that I left and something new came about. Fortunately, I have been blessed enough to meet people that see me for me, and not what I can do for them.
Making this change marks the third time in my life that I have completely uprooted myself from a comfortable environment in order to achieve success. In reminiscing, I always wonder why I have had to make so many of these moves while others manage to stay put in one setting and achieve the same success. It's baffling at times, but I have to remind myself that every move I make is for the better; this will pay off. More often than not, the feeling of change is accompanied by the feelings of helplessness and loss. For me, a strong will and proper bearing of guidance has effectively offset any feelings of inadequacy that I may have felt. I try, and really, that's all I can do.
In looking at the full side of glass, I have realized that, in fact, there is a lot of opportunity for me to capitalize on. I understand that this opportunity never comes free and usually isn't easy to pursue. I have to remain focused and constantly remind myself why I did all of this in the first place; not remind myself of everything I sacrificed. There is no real loss here; if things were meant to be, then they will be - right? I will continue to do what I do and let the chips fall where they may.
"Every person has talent; however, not every person has an opportunity." - Brian A. Hunt
This is my chance to showcase my talent.
Exactly! We miss you very much Brian and you couldn't be replaced your one of a kind, yes someone may have your old position but it wont ever replace what you brought. Los Angeles will be great for you and youll look back and realize that change is necessary to grow and learn. Love ya stay true
ReplyDeleteAs a friend I say:“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” True friends are never to far. So go get your's. I'm proud of you.
ReplyDeleteYour true friend Tanjaray.